Search This Blog

Thursday, October 07, 2010

The begining

The Lady Evelyne is a 59 foot Irish built MFV (Motor Fishing Vessel), she is currently lying on her side after springing a plank almost a year ago in the harbour. 

It is my intention, along with my brother, to recover her and get her sea worthy again.  Its going to be a fun ride and probably the end of my brother and I as family!!

But 'hey ho' its too big an opportunity to let slip by and if you have a dream well....

Incidentally we have no money but plenty of enthusiasm and a wee bit of time so 'watch this space' as they say, I'm going to try and post as much technical information and a bit about how we get through the problems of the project.  If nothing else this should make for a good read and put a smile on your face when you realise that your life will never be as complicated or difficult as ours is about to be.   

If you have advice, experience you would like to share with us or even any old boats bits looking for a home (Including tools, paint, varnish, filler and anything for the boat....If you dont ask...etc) then please leave comments or get in touch, I am happy to hear from anyone and I will reply as quickly as I can.

Yours Aye

Kered

No comments: