Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

It has been a while since I have been able to do anything on this 'blog' basically because I chose to update my system to Google 'Chrome' as well as upgrading to Internet explorer 9 (Beta).  So in my efforts to keep up with technology the whole system F*&^%£$ up!!
Now I have de-installed all the upgrades everything is back to normal and I can update pictures as well as everything else (Including getting my iPod back up and running! which is the most important thing)

So whats been happening with the Lady?  Well as you can see from the picture she is turned around. Love my fingers in the sodding picture!?!

 This was her half way round (I tried to download these in order but have failed miserably!!)

This is her at the end of the day, pumps off and being left for the night.  Unfortunetly there was a couple of issues when the tide went down and it was far from the end of my night with her!

She sits well for a boat that has been that has been on her side for the best part of a year, the list to starboard is basically because she has several tonnes of water 'logged' planking on that side .





Another picture of her sitting alongside.  Trust me at this stage I could barely move! let alone the Lady..




This was taken the day before, and I missed the tide by ten minutes.  She won't lift unless she is completely dry as the tide comes in and the pumps cope fine with this.  However, there is a point that if the pump stops for ten minutes she floods beyond its ability of the pump to cope.  Which has happened on at least four occasions due to blockages or (Lets face it) bad luck.


We are starting out here, Brother was a but dubious as to whether my clever rope system and relying on the wind to do her stuff! But hey ho... experience and all that the next picture says it all!!

 Here she is around and afloat.  The pumps are more or less acedemic when she's upright and the two inch honda four horse power copes absolutly fine (When not choked up with crap!)




A view aft.

 Its amazing the cold sweat I had on here, thoughts like 'if she goes down here the harbour master is going to have my B*&^s!!
 She is still moving with minimal effort... well by me I had the camera recording for history!!

Floating fine!







These are two pictures that have been kindly supplied to me from a very kind Irish friend who I have managed to contact about her history amongst other things, John deserves a blog to himself and I will re-post these pictures along with a fuller description of her history (as well as a bit about John himself who is an established artist).



And finally here she is floating fine!  It took quite a bit of effort but this was the result of a days work and you have seen a bit of the process above, thanks to David (My brother) and his mate Aiden who put their backs into the job....literally!

So at this precise moment she is back lying on her side, well away from the harbour wall.  She has just survived a North Westerly force 9 (Thank you Posiedon!) but we are due another blow on Tuesday so I am a wee bit panickly at the moment.

There is an awful lot yet to be 'B'Logged' about, but I'm just out of hospital after a wee procedure on my back and its getting painful sitting here typing.  So I'll update again tomorrow, hope fully, with a bit more about everyone and everything that is going on.

Aye


Kered  

No comments: